经典表述
Would you like to order now,or would you like some time to decide?
你们是现在就点菜呢,还是先商量商量?
Give me a cup of hot tea,please.
请来杯热茶。
This discount card is acceptable at lunch time.
这张打折卡可以在午餐时使用。
情景对话
Dialogue One
A:David told me that the new dining-hall has many kinds of food,such as fried rice,noodles and dumplings.Do you want to dine with me?
大卫告诉我新食堂有很多种食物,像炒饭、面条和饺子。你想和我一起去吃饭吗?
B:Um,I am not fond of oily food.
嗯,我不是很喜欢油腻的食物。
A:Even vegetarians have lots of choices there.If you have no arrangement tonight,just go with me.It’s on my treat.
连素食者在那儿都有很多选择。如果你今晚没有安排,和我一起去吧。我请客。
B:When did you become so generous?
你什么时候变得这么大方了?
A:As a matter of fact,I am desperate for your help as the dissertation is due on nest Tuesday.
事实上,我急于得到你的帮助,因为下周二要交论文了。
B:Don’t you think of greasing my palm by a meal?
难道你认为一顿饭就能买通我?
A:Hey,pal,I have always regarded you as my best friend.A friend in need is a friend indeed.Moreover,eating instant noodles is bad for your health!
嘿,伙计,我一直把你当做最好的朋友。患难见真情。再说,吃方便面对你的健康不利。
B:Okay,I will go as long as you are willing to buy steak.
好,只要你愿意买牛排,我就去。
A:You don’t like oily food,do you?
你不喜欢油腻食物,不是吗?
B:Sometimes,I don’t mind changing my taste.
有时候,我不介意改变口味。
Dialogue Two
A:Good afternoon.Please come this way.
午安。这边请。
B:This is a nice restaurant.
一家挺不错的餐厅。
A:Thank you.Would you like anything to drink?
谢谢。想要喝点什么呢?
B:I’ll have a cup of coffee with oream,please.
我要一杯加奶精的咖啡。
A:Okay.And would you like to order now?
好的。现在要点菜吗?
B:Yes.Do you have specialties?
是的。你们有什么特色菜呢?
A:I’d recommend crispy pancake and onion soup.
我推荐脆煎饼和洋葱汤。
B:Then I’ll have a helping of crispy pancake and soup.Can I use this discount card?
那我就要一份脆煎饼和汤吧。我能用这张打折卡吗?
A:Well,it’s acceptable at lunch time,but now...
这张卡午餐时可以使用,但现在……
B:Oh,it’s OK.
噢,那没关系。
A:Here is your food.
这是您的食物。
B:Thank you.
谢谢你。
Dialogue Three
A:Lucy,you’ve stared at the menu for a quarter.Can you tell me what on earth you want to eat?
露西,你已经盯着菜单看了一刻钟了。能告诉我你到底想吃什么吗?
B:Don’t be so impatient.There are too many choices.
别这么不耐烦。选择太多了。
A:Ten more minutes for you,and then I will order for you if you are still uncertain.
再多给你十分钟,如果你还不确定的话,我会为你点的。
B:Are you so hungry?
你这么饿吗?
A:You are to blame.Last night,I only ate some spinach soup and garden salad.That’s all because you said I would look gorgeous after losing 10 pounds.
那得怪你。昨晚,我只喝了一些菠菜汤和蔬菜色拉。因为你说减去10磅后,我会看上去非常漂亮。
B:I really think so.
我真这么想的。
A:You know how could I survive this morning?6 mugs of water!
你知道今天早上我怎么活的?6大杯水!
B:So you will give up the weight-reducing plan?
所以你会放弃减肥计划?
A:Of course not.Can I get a double cheeseburger for the last time?
当然不了。我能不能吃个双层干酪汉堡包,最后一次?
B:You should be responsible for your weight since you are mot a kid.
你已不再是个孩子了,应该为自己的体重负责。
A:Fine,give me some recommendations except the spinach soup and garden salad.
好了,给我推荐点什么,除了菠菜汤和蔬菜色拉。
B:Sausages...
香肠……
A:My favorite!
我的最爱。
B:Not suitable for you.A piece of bread and a cup of defatted milk are your best choice.
不适合你。一片面包和一杯去脂牛奶是你的最佳选择。
A:How about you then?
那么你呢?
B:A double cheeseburger and chips.
一份双层干酪汉堡包和薯片。
A:Don’t be so inhumae!
别这么残忍。
1.vegetarian素食者
2.generous慷慨的,大方的
3.desperate不顾一切的,拼死的
4.instant立即的,直接的,紧迫的
5.pancake薄烤饼
6.crispy易碎的,精神爽快的
7.acceptable可接受的,合意的
8.spinach菠菜
9.cheeseburger夹干酪和碎牛肉的三明治
10.inhumane残忍的