经典表述
Can you give me some tips,please?
请你给我些指点好吗?
Exams are like a burden weighing heavily upon my mind.
考试是我心头的一个沉重的负担。
I can’t agree with you more.
我完全同意你。
情景对话
Dialogue One
A:How did you do in your mid-term exam?
你期中考试考得怎么样?
B:I’m so embarrassed that I failed.
我没有及格,真是太惭愧了。
A:I’m sorry to hear that.Don’t be discouraged.Work harder and you’ll pass the exam next time.
听说这个我很抱歉。别气馁。努力点,下次你就会通过考试了。
B:I wish I were ture.I always feel nervous before important exams.
但愿如此吧。我总是在重要的考试前觉得紧张。
A:Really?Taking tests needs some special techniques.
真的吗?考试需要一些特殊的技巧。
B:Can you give me some tips,please?
请你给我些指点好吗?
A:Sure.You should take a few brief notes on the most important information.And you should brush up on your work before the exam.
当然。你应当在最重要的信息方面做简要的记录。考前应该好好复习。
B:Thank you for your advice.
谢谢你的建议。
Dialogue Two
A:My goodness!We have finished all the exams,finally!I really can’t see their use.
上帝啊!总算考完了。真不知考试有什么用。
B:You are quite right.We have to spend so much time preparing for them.
就是,我们得花那么多时间准备考试。
A:Exams are like a burden weighing heavily upon my mind.I think it’s time for classes to be reformed.
考试是我心头的一个沉重的负担。我想考试应该要改革了。
B:At least this kind of exam should be done away with.
至少这种考试应当被废除。
A:I can’t agree with you more.
我完全同意你。
B:Students’wisdom and ability aren’t put into full play in this kind of exam.
这样的考试中学生的智慧和能力难以得到充分的发挥。
A:Anyway,we have to face such exams next time.
不管怎样,我们下次还得面对这种考试。
1.embarrassed尴尬的,局促不安的
2.burden担子,负担
3.reform改革,改善
4.be done away with取消,废除
5.wisdom智慧,学识